- Creative Fields Interactive Installations
- Client Name AyeAYe
- Project URL ayeaye.it
- Completion Date 02/13/2013
In: Openframeworks, webcam, Arduino and ultrasonic sensor
Out: Openframeworks and Kinect
InSideOut is an artistic path, with interviews, images, drawings and traces, that tells the story of Paolo Gnetti.
That story talks about more than thirty years of italian history, from the memories of the asylum practices through the closure of psychiatric hospitals and to the last mental health services.
The installation InSideOut, designed and built by Aye Aye and the Laboratorio Museo della Mente / ASL Roma E, wants change the look of people, be the observers and be observed. The inspiration is taken from the book “Il bambino con le braccia larghe” (Ediesse, 2010) written by Paolo’s brother, Carlo Gnetti.
The project is also inspired by the recent European Parliament resolutions on Mental Health and Mental Health Action Plan for Europe made by the World Health Organization:
• increase the sensitivity of the community towards mental health problems;
• raise the issue of human rights and citizenship at the center of development and national institutions;
• produce mental health policy with a strong Community;
• diffuse appropriate knowledge on mental health;
• give voice to the needs of users and their families;
In order to support this project we used the crowdfunding.
The other supporters are: the Provincia di Roma, Cariparma, SPI-CGIL and Centro Studi e Ricerche S. Maria della Pietà Associazione Onlus.
The exhibition is available for free* for those who want to host it in your own city.
The contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org
* For the cost of transport and set up.